Midlothian man bitten by copperhead snake hiding in his tool cabinet


As the snakes emerge from their winter slump, a Midlothian man has survived a bite from Copperhead.

Mark Holton’s neighbor posted photos on Facebook showing a large Copperhead in a drawer of Holton’s tool cabinet wrapped around screwdrivers and Allen wrenches.

Holton had a bite on one finger, but it was what snake experts call a “dry bite,” meaning the copperhead didn’t inject any venom.

Even Copperhead bites without venom can cause swelling, redness, and inflammation. But Holton appeared to show no symptoms.

Scientists say copperhead venom is relatively mild and is rarely fatal to humans.

LISTEN on the Audacy app

Subscribe and follow NewsRadio 1080 KRLD

Facebook | Twitter | instagram


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.